Te Runanga Nui o Te Aupouri Trust (TRNOTA) with the support of The Ministry of Education is in the process of developing:
- Te Korito o te Matauranga – A Te Aupouri Education Strategy
- Te Korito o te Reo – A Te Aupouri Te Reo Strategy, and
- A plan for their implementation
This work aligns with these current Te Aupouri strategic documents:
- Te Runanga Nui o Te Aupouri Trust Deed
- Te Runanga Nui o Te Aupouri Annual Plan
- Te Runanga Nui o Te Aupouri Strategic Plan
The agreement between TRNOTA and the Ministry of Education involves:
- Te Aupouri and the Ministry committing to work collaboratively on areas of shared interest to support Te Aupouri learners to achieve education success as Te Aupouri.
- Support for Te Aupouri to increase our influence, authority and autonomy in education within their tribal boundary.
- Support for Te Aupouri to engage with key stakeholders to develop an Education Strategy (Te Korito o te Matauranga), Te Reo Strategy (Te Korito o Te Reo) and Implementation Plans specific to the education aspirations of Te Aupouri.
TRNOTA has appointed 4 people with education and/or reo backgrounds to undertake this work:
Peter Witana June Subritzky Anaru Rieper Edwina Stevenson
The button here will give you an opportunity to assist with the development of our strategy: