The core purpose of Te Puni Kōkiri, the Ministry of Māori Development, is to support Government to strengthen Treaty of Waitangi partnerships that enable iwi, hapū and whānau Māori to succeed as Māori.
Te Puni Kōkiri is seeking to appoint to our to our Administrator role, Whangarei Office in the Te Tai Tokerau Regional Partnerships Te Puni.
The Regional Partnerships Te Puni is responsible for:
- Developing robust relationships with iwi, hāpu and whānau Māori at a national and regional level
- Developing other partnerships in the regions including with local government agencies
- Using those relationships to gather and disseminate information between government and iwi, hapū and whānau Māori
- Feeding into the development of the investment strategy for Te Puni Kōkiri and implementing this strategy for Te Puni Kōkiri’s non-departmental funding
As an Administrator you are responsible for providing administrative services to support the effective day to day operation of the office within the region. You will have the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationship with regional advisors, national office and a wide range of stakeholders. You will ensure team deliverables are incorporated into the Te Puni Kōkiri knowledge management system and comply with Te Puni Kōkiri style guide and Ministerial requirements.
Successful candidates must have:
- Demonstrated administrative support experience.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft packages especially outlook, word, excel, and power point and sound keyboard skills with demonstrated typing speed of at least 75 words per minute.
- Well-developed communication skills, both oral and written and a demonstrated commitment to the provision of quality services.
- Demonstrated self-motivation, the ability to set objectives and establish priorities, organise work and resources to ensure priorities and objectives are met on time.
- Demonstrated ability to work in and as a member of a team and present self in a professional light.
- Understanding of the machinery of government.
- A sound understanding of the accounting cycle and the role that accurate and timely financial processing plays in it.
- Honesty, integrity and understanding of the significance of confidentiality
If this role sounds like you, we want to hear from you.
To apply, email your CV, Covering letter and a completed application form to email@example.com
Applications close 5pm, 8 March 2017.