Covid-19 Update -Sunday 22 March 2020
Tena koutou katoa
Due to the Prime Minister’s recent announcement that we have moved to level 2, the office of Te Runanga Nui o Te Aupouri will be closed until further notice.
To be clear, the level 2 measures are:
- New Zealand’s borders are closed to almost all travellers
- there are restrictions on mass gatherings and events.
- physical distancing on public transport (e.g. stay at least one metre away from other passengers and leave the seat next to you empty if you can)
- limit non-essential travel around New Zealand, which means cutting non-essential domestic travel to help us track and contain any spread of COVID-19 – every unnecessary movement gives COVID-19 a chance to spread
- employers start alternative ways of working if possible (e.g. remote working, shift-based working, physical distancing within the workplace, staggering meal breaks, flexible leave arrangements) and business continuity plans are activated(external link)
- people over 70 years of age, people who have compromised immunity or people who have underlying respiratory conditions stay at home as much as they can
- schools will be closed if there is a case that affects a school.
All staff will be working from home and we will be implementing our Pandemic Business Continuity Plan and meeting regularly by zoom. These are uncertain and unprecedented times. We need to protect the health and wellbeing of our staff, their whanau and our community.
We will be providing regular updates on our website www.teaupouri.iwi.nz, our Facebook page.
It is important that our communications are clear and in line with the NZ Governments key messages. Please note our staff are not health professionals. To this end please visit www.covid19.govt.nz. This website has everything you need to know about COVID-19 in one place and you can get the latest updates.
If you’re not sure who to contact for help, call the free government helpline on 0800 779 997 (8am–1am, 7 days a week).
Kaumatua Care Package
In conjunction with Ngati Kuri, Te Runanga Nui o Te Aupouri will be delivering a kaumatua care package to all our kaumatua in Te Kao. Ngataki kaumatua will also be receiving their kaumatua care package.
The packs contain:
- Toilet Paper
- Anti-bacterial soap
- Disinfectant wipes and
- Barley sugars.
The Runanga will be working alongside other iwi and the government to ensure our people get the necessary support and resources. We will keep you updated on the government support package, with an announcement to be made soon.
Chief Executive Officer
22 March 2020