Pou Takawaenga Taiao Vacancy
Title: Pou Takawaenga Taiao
Te Rūnanga Nui o Te Aupōuri is the mandated authority to act on behalf of Te Aupōuri iwi to care for and administer resources belonging to Te Aupōuri.
Part of the broad range of resources Te Rūnanga Nui o Te Aupōuri is responsible for are the areas of environment and conservation.
Te Rūnanga Nui o Te Aupōuri believes that issues around environment sustainability and conservation are integral components of Te Aupōuritanga.
To address this, Te Rūnanga Nui o Te Aupōuri have created a position that would suit an individual passionate and committed to developing these areas and particularly enhancing our relationships with all stakeholders including other iwi and the Department of Conservation.
If you enjoy working in a friendly, collaborative environment, enjoy challenges and possess the following skills, then this is the position for you.
• Possess knowledge of Te Aupōuri history
• Te Reo Māori an advantage
• Familiar with and executes positive business management practices
• Ability to impart technical information in a clear concise manner
• Good relationship management skills, with demonstrated ability and experience in building and maintaining relationships with Government agencies and iwi
• Has negotiating skills and able to influence in complex scenarios
• Demonstrates an understanding of the implications of the Treaty of Waitangi and its impact on
There will be opportunities for some professional development
Contact Chloe at Te Rūnanga Nui o Te Aupōuri on 09 4098006 or 0211670141 for an application form and a detailed job description.
Applications close on 24 October 2019